Monday, August 9

Laurie Coppedge






Laurie Coppedge is best known for her beautiful black and white photographs of swimmers. She says, "Lately I am working with vintage wool bathing costumes from the early part of the last century. Searching out locations that are reminiscent of old Florida, I shoot using a 4x5 field camera and b/w Polaroid positive/negative film which is placed in a special bucket on location." What a lovely concept. I am in awe of her skills. The way she uses her focus and the lighting is magical. I really love the last photo shown above. To me, they look like a group of stylish mermaids basking in the sun.

lauriecoppedge.com

1 comment:

  1. I just bought three of your prints from this series. I love them. I am a BW photographer living in Dallas, TX. Really love the atmosphere you created.

    ReplyDelete